General Civil Litigation, Landlord/Tenant, Real Estate, Property Rights, Land Use, Estate Planning, Probate, Business Formation
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D. 2018, Full-Tuition Merit Scholarship
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.A. 2014, summa cum laude
John is a general civil practitioner with a wide variety of practice areas. As a civil litigator, John represents clients in land use permit appeals, property rights disputes, contract disputes, business-related litigation, commercial evictions, will contests, and personal injury matters. In his transactional practice, John represents clients in the purchase and sale of real estate, businesses, and other high-value assets, in the negotiation and preparation of leases, promissory notes, mortgages, and other contracts, and he helps clients form corporations, LLCs, and partnerships and acts as “outside counsel” to many Vermont small businesses. In his estate planning work, John prepares wills, trusts, deeds, and other documents to ensure that clients’ assets are distributed efficiently and in accordance with their wishes. John also prepares powers of attorney, advance directives, and other documents to assist clients with long-term planning, and he assists with the administration of probate estates, priding himself on helping clients navigate the probate process quickly and efficiently.
John comes to MSK from the law firm of Lynch & Foley, PC, in Middlebury, Vermont, where he was a shareholder. John graduated from Northeastern University School of Law in 2018, where he served as an editor for the Northeastern University Law Review.
- Represented Vermont landlords in evictions of nonpaying tenants and unlawful occupants.
- Represented a property owner in obtaining permanent access rights over a neighboring property.
- Formed a limited liability company to own and manage property, protect assets, and keep property “in the family.”
- Represented beneficiaries of trust and probate estates in protecting their interests in estate property.
- Represented a homeowner in protecting the quiet enjoyment of residential property against an expanding business next door through Environmental Court.
- Represented a contractor in filing a lien and collecting unpaid invoices.
- Defended a business against meritless fraud claims, obtaining a full dismissal.