ALEXANDER J. LAROSA
Environmental Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Permitting and Environmental Law, Act 250 and Municipal Zoning, Mediation
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D. 2008, Dean’s Merit Scholar
- Columbia University, B.A., 2003
- Burlington Development Review Board, Board Member
- Burlington City Arts, Board Member
A.J. joined MSK in 2015 and practices on MSK’s litigation team. A.J. has extensive experience with a wide range of complex commercial and environmental litigation. He has assisted clients in resolving disputes arising from permit issues, construction defects, breaches of contract, and environmental contamination. A.J. takes a solution-oriented approach to litigation and works with his clients to achieve cost-effective resolutions to their problems. A Philadelphia native, A.J. began practicing law at White and Williams, LLP where he represented multi-national insurance carriers in complex, multi-party environmental disputes. Upon moving to Vermont in 2011, A.J. practiced with Burak, Anderson & Melloni where he represented a wide range of clients in commercial and environmental litigations.
A.J. is also a Harvard-certified mediator and facilitator. Focusing on environmental, real estate, land use, commercial and construction disputes, A.J. uses a collaborative, interest-based approach, to allow the parties in these difficult cases to craft lasting, meaningful resolutions to their problems.
When A.J. isn’t in the office, he can be found hiking up Mt. Mansfield for some early morning powder skiing.
- Represented the City of Burlington in $33.5MM lawsuit brought by Citibank N.A. against Burlington arising out of Citibank’s financing of Burlington Telecom.
- Represented fuel distributor in multi-year litigation relating to environmental impacts of proposed adjoining development.
- Represented homeowners in cases arising from construction defects and failure to honor contractual obligations.
- Represented homeowners and businesses concerned about impact of development on character and safety of neighborhood.
- Represented telecommunication company in litigation before the Vermont Public Service Board relating to impacts of cellular tower development.
- Represented property owners in cases involving environmental contamination and insurance coverage for environmental remediation.
- Named 2016 New England Rising Stars by SuperLawyers magazine.