HANS G. HUESSY
Real Estate, Land Use & Permitting, General Litigation, Corporate, Environmental Law, Renewables, Condemnation Law and Large Scale Property Tax Litigation
- Vermont Law School, J.D. and M.S.L. Environmental Law 1991, summa cum laude
- University of Vermont, B.A. 1982, summa cum laude
Hans’ broad and varied background allows him to provide clients with a balanced perspective and a complete understanding of the issues. Prior to becoming an attorney, Hans was an entrepreneur and small business owner. He has served as in-house counsel for a large regulatory entity and a start-up company. He has worked with national corporations and local homeowners associations. He has successfully litigated multi-million dollar construction claims on behalf of condominium associations and resolved countless construction disputes on behalf of a national contractor referral service. Hans has represented utilities in power purchase disputes and environmental insurance actions, and has successfully represented large property owners and condominium associations in property tax litigation that reduced Grand List values by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Hans came to MSK from the law firm of Kenlan Schwiebert Facey & Goss, P.C., where he was a Partner and Shareholder. Prior to Kenlan Schwiebert Facey & Goss, Hans served as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for the Home Service Store (HSS), providing commercial litigation and administration services, and construction, contract and employment law services. Before joining HSS, Hans served as Senior Corporate Counsel for Central Vermont Public Service Corporation, Vermont’s largest utility. Hans is a 1982 graduate of the University of Vermont and a 1991 graduate of the Vermont Law School from which he earned a J.D. and a Masters in Environmental Law.
- Represented an international company in environmental litigation, achieving a favorable ruling from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented multiple condominium associations in property tax appeals that resulted in grand list reductions of over one hundred million dollars.
- Represented a condominium association in construction litigation that resulted in a 7.6 million dollar settlement.
- Represented a national contractor referral service in several financings and the eventual sale of the company.
- Vermont Legal Aid, Director and Treasurer
- Vermont Law Line, Director and Treasurer
- Lamoille Valley Rail Trail, Vice President of the Board